Code Camp Wellington 2016
On April 9th 2016, we held Code Camp Wellington 2016, the first code camp in Wellington since 2009.
It was a stunning success.
By the numbers:
- Planning started in November 2015 when three developers hatched a plan.
- One developer was lured overseas but two more stepped into his place.
- Coordination involved an uncountable number of emails and fifteen working lunches.
- We sold 350 tickets and were sold out four days in advance.
- On the day, nearly 200 delegates took in 26 sessions presented by 30 speakers from as far away as Auckland and Christchurch.
- Six sponsors - Microsoft, Trade Me, Xero, Raygun, Mojo and ShowGizmo - made the day possible, providing food, coffee, locations and an app.
Here’s the final schedule for the day:
We’d like to extend our thanks to all our speakers, sponsors, delegates and wranglers for their contributions to an awesome day of tech learning.